Author Topic: Warcraft 3 models to sc2  (Read 19109 times)

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
Warcraft 3 models to sc2
« on: January 24, 2015, 11:26:18 AM »
apparently , blizzard is about to release some warcraft 3 models to sc2. There are some heroes i will like to change to their respective models, like Farseer actually being the farseer :D.

One of my favorites was the blademaster hero in warcraft 3, so if i do make a last run i think i will make the blademaster and maybe try to finish up this hero that i started a while back which is basically almost complete but just never put in the finishing touches.   
Anything you guys want me to touch up on, balance wise?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:28:24 AM by Incinerate »

Offline Forrest

• Artanis
    • View Profile
Re: Warcraft 3 models to sc2
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 11:49:06 AM »
Tbone (chuck) and spike are to strong.

Tbone - stun covers very large area, and stuns to long (mostly talking about the blind affect).  I would fix his stun to make it more balanced.  But if you leave stun alone then maybe his aoe or aura should be nerfed.  He is the most overpowered hero.  All of his abilities are very good compared to some heroes that only have one or 2 useful abilities.

Spike- problem is that he has ez escape, and a lot of aoe.  Not sure how to balance him more.  May a little less on his aoe, but add to his single target ability.  Idk he would be harder to make more balance.

as of right now if its a picked game its almost all spikes and chucks.

Weak heroes
Farseer needs a buff in early game, late game he fine
karass - still think storms needs reworked as of right now each storm has same amount of damage (level 1 is 25 damage for 5 storms for 125 damage total) but  I think making the first storm stronger and then each one after weaker like 40 30 25 20 15 for a total of 130.  Something like that
Dark Templar- only complaint is that the ghost emp wrecks this hero taking off his chrono (this is a minor complaint)

Sprocks towers encourage camping make sprocks cost more money and the mana for towers higher to encourage more action

Zerrglings spawn rate seems to fast compared to the toss and terran units. 

Computer

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 11:01:57 PM »
Can you add items combining receipt?
I would like this receipt to be added to the game
1 Accelerator + 3 energy relic + 100 gold = Energy Robe that increases energy regeneration by 500% and increases movement speed by 25%.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:03:20 PM by Computer »

Offline shoshana

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 12:42:52 PM »
if, only if you plan to nerf chucks blind id say to remove it by emp which is a nerf but adds a lot of skill and micro to the game

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 03:16:39 PM »
i will nerf chuck for the next version.

Check what i got here, its currently on the public test realm of battle net so i cannot use these models as yet, but as it goes live..I will update the map

Offline REX

• Diamond League
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 07:55:17 PM »
Could u add  data(hero kills, unit kills, Win Rate, Wins, Losses, score) to game(all of top played games have data), new player doesn't join this game any more, all of zealot frenzy players are better than before, we can know who is good and people will play more to get a good score.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 07:56:12 PM by REX »

Offline Reddog

• Silver League
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 03:39:04 PM »
i think you should add skins like in Heroes of the storm, because We are used to play with the starcraft 2 heroes or add new heroes instead of remove them and i really like them. also you can change chuck's ability the stun one, because he can use it when he is stunned.
(http://postimg.org/image/y33d2odyp/)
and maybe you can put a restriction if someone is not getting hero he can't tier to avoid merc's guys that just get tier 2 at the begining( this because the allies heroes get more xp and the units are stronger than the other ones).

and one last thing, maybe the mothership core can have a defense ability like in ladder.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 11:56:44 AM »
i only asked for balance suggestions since i haven't played it in a while so i not sure whats the top heroes at this moment.

( I currently don't have the will to make all sorts of stat trackers and stuff for zealot frenzy. And considering the amount of "hacking" threads i'm seeing posted here. It makes no sense putting it in because hacking bank files is effortless..  Pointless addition would be pointless since people will just hack their stats and refresh them if they accumulate too much loses)

So according to these comments it seems like Chuck and Spike are the OP ones .   About 2 days ago i put out a patch that slightly nerfed chuck porta potty ability. (reducing the initial stun time). The blinding part however stayed the same .   If you don't know by now the hero chuck took inspiration from warcraft 3 tauren chieftain stomp, and his version of stomp ACtually stunned units for the length of chucks initial stun + miss time from toilets. Chuck has a way nerfed stun compared to Tc and yet people still keep complaining...................  Just imagine if you guys actually played war3 footies. It be imba complaints all the time everywhere.  My suggestion is at least you can control your units since they aren't stunned. So if you know your units are under the toilet effect, Retreat them back till the effect wears off. (don't engage)

Spike i'm not too sure what to nerf since i nerfed spike a while back by adding a cap to amount of units affected by the spikes, Perhaps if escaping is making him to strong, a more energy cost to his tunnel ability could offset the spam of aoe + tunnel escape

Im currently testing an updated build of warcraft 3 assets ZF on the ptr realm( though map is privately hosted, not public)

I got some drastic changes planned

My goals for ZF before bowing out

-update any animation/models that would benefit from war3 models/animations
-Fatty is getting a slight rework
-adding 4 new heroes.. You guys already know 1 of them.. Blademaster!.. 3 more are planned
- Will try to add some more items.. Im thinking of a cold orb that slows targets or an armor reducing orb

And for the biggest change
I want at least 1 full melee tech. I would like that to be the ORC race however, there is just 1 problem.. Zealots and grunts overlap. Not sure what to do there

So thats my plans for ZF going forward

« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:59:14 AM by Incinerate »

Offline shoshana

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 11:22:01 PM »
so pumped for the new heroes!!

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 03:54:58 PM »
scratch what i said here,the change is going to be massive. People that play ZF when Warcraft 3 assets get released will wonder if its the same game.

The entire core of the game is changing.    New armor system, New unit collision sizes, new techs, reworked items to account for the armor system.. I'm going for the warcraft 3 feeling here and i think im achieving it. This is a massive undertaking, so Call it my last hurrah LOL..

Instead of just mass adding heroes with nothing else really changing.  I want to work on the core of the game. Eventually i will add some more heroes but i want what i mentioned above first. ( already started it)

Heroes i'm looking at to be changed
-Swarm Guardian ( broodlings to weak late game)
-Tychus Odin
-Dhaka.. I dunno why the hell i created such an uninspiring hero. 

I need a tester that has the PTR installed so i can get some feedback on the current direction
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:57:38 PM by Incinerate »

Offline angstrom

• Diamond League
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 08:12:02 PM »
you should nerf Tassadar with the use of 50hp-drain-item.  Tassadar in ultimate form can hit large amount of units simultaneously; which given him way too much hp recover for any army of units to kill it(except when you have enough of stuns). 

I do agree Chuck and Spike are overpowered.   if you intend to keep Chuck's toilet stomp, probably should consider changing boomerang by lowering the damage.  And also lowering his aura buff.  While for Spike, maybe changing his first special attack into a cone/directional attack.

Another way to make the game more balance is implement an auto hero level upgrade.  Every 6 minutes,  any hero that currently 3 levels or lower than the current highest level hero should automatically raise level by 1.  The reason behind this, simply because this much of a level gap makes the lower level hero useless. The level gap also tells you that they are falling behind on earning mineral -  though they are receiving 1 level-up, they still far behind on  building their units or hero.

there's also an item bug which is heavily exploited by the 'pro' players -  the item that increase carrier mana by 300(sold@ north and south shop in middle).  upon picking up the item, the carrier will received 300 mana.  so they would drop the item on the ground and pick it up again - instant 300 mana.

Offline angstrom

• Diamond League
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 08:21:41 PM »
also the hero with the ultimate that summon Buffalo Rampage is highly bugged IMO.  It seems the damage done is based on hero's damage instead of a fixed amount.  It's possible for that hero to use damage boost and kill all enemy units within range in a few seconds.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:22:39 PM by angstrom »

Offline Forrest

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 02:05:34 PM »
Even with nerf chuck is still not that close to balanced, spike ultimate might be a way to nerf him, since this is very strong, but he needs nerfed (IDK).  The mana bug makes heroes with mana drain darkmus/nova not effective, angstrom is right drop item pick the item up instant mana.  Forgot about nova being very weak, which i know at one time she needed nerfed, but now she is about worthless, mana drain is counter by the mana bug and other abilities are bad.  Her charm is annoying and about all she has.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 09:32:09 PM »
i actually found out that bug this weekend when i was making the new Zealot frenzy about the mana drop item bugg. Im like why somebody didn't say something earlier?( like months or years ago) jeezzz. I didnt want to say anything here as i figured probably not many people would know about it, guess i'm wrong..  Its fixed for the new version! but i worry how long it will take blizzard to release the patch so i can update it. I wonder if i should just do a quick temp fix for the current version, i think got an old saved ZF somewhere around here on my pc.

Thank you for reporting the stampede bugg,.  i will have that one addressed.. Didnt even know!!      . Can you repeat what the bug is with tassadar? is that mana thing?

Will look at chuck again, Buff to nova ( i have an idea, stronger images) , and a possible nerf to spike..
Im thinking of just deleting spike and putting in the warden since spike is essentially warden. I know how to create warden's ultimate ability now since new version of ZF will support Corpse reanimation!!.. A feature sorely lacking.

Keep reporting these issues of / bugs/overpowerness/underpoweredness etc.     Time to fix ZF .

As i said, this new version the changes are going to be massive.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:37:14 PM by Incinerate »

Offline Forrest

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 10:18:23 AM »
well if you fix the mana drop bug nova would become stronger (fixing that is a buff to nova) and I like the clones becoming stronger, most pros do not use that ability.  Maybe with clones you can make it impossible to tell which is nova unless scan, right now you can always tell which is the real nova, by the energy glow from middle aura, or by the domination of a unit.  Reducing chucks aura and buzz saw probably will be needed if you keep current stun.  Maybe make blind effected able to emp would help.  There isn't a counter to your units not being able to fight.  His abilities are so good you never even see his ultimate so maybe nerf his abilities and buff his ultimate. 

The ghost cost 200 I think this should cost more for the value of counter certain heroes darkmus shields, butch roar, farseer silence, chrono on Templar, sniping rory tank (early game 2 snipes), plus just sniping weak units.  ghost counter a lot of heroes and for only 200 that is to good a value, plus a lot of people start of with one buy selling boots.  I think it cost like 300-350 might be good idea.  Make sentry cost 200, plus still think sprock should cost more or nerfed in some way.

Fatty aura should be able to be turn off or on, you cant cloak his aura gives you away.

stun in raynor chrono rift if you are stuned in his rift you will be stunned fur pretty much the duration of the rift, I don't know if that's what was intended.

zera ultimate in drop ship. This is one of my favorites I like to use.  get drop ship cloak it with sprock fly to base that has rauders or hellion lings things that cant shoot up. drop out zera use ultimate then load back in ship. fly over units the ship works as zeras ult and they cant shoot at it. used this other day to kill maxed helions that would kill hero so fast.

Offline angstrom

• Diamond League
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 08:14:04 PM »
there's an item which allow the carrier to drain 50hp per hit.  While Tassadar in his ultimate form, he can hit multiple target simultaneously; which allows him to drain like 1000hp per attack.  So pretty much if you cannot 1 shot him, you cannot kill him(with the except of having multiple stuns).

Offline Forrest

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 05:58:18 PM »
he is talking about the life leech item. but you need attack speed as well, but it is super op on tass. if you have that item and the ax or gaunts you cant kill tass while in ultimate form unless you have stuns, gravity bombs would be good counter but certian units cant target while in air cause they only target ground units (example marauders)

Offline shoshana

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2015, 07:34:18 PM »
i wouldnt want to see it nerfed, if tass gets to that point i think its deserved to be difficult to kill, and when ive seen that you can grav bomb until his ultimate is done (takes about 9)

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 08:36:49 PM »
i see, the life leech item is causing him to get lots of life because the splash is triggering damage as well.  There is an ez fix to this .  Upon testing without this bug , the life leech item seems to be pretty terrible.    I think im going to buff it.  It used to be a percentage based heal based of your attack but it was causing glitches so it got reworked to be a flat heal. Wondering if to up instead to like 40 hitpoints per attack or something.

Nice bug spot with the flying vehicles forrest, I can easily fix that as well,( already have new version).  I noticed it was working with some other "stuff" as well.

I trying to remember why i never fixed fatty aura special effect, i think it had something to do with burrow causing it to glitch up and not inherit actor properties. Its fixed for next version since "burrow" isnt there  :P

Raynor Rift is indeed working as intended, but probably just a bad idea in general to put into a map with heroes due to combo's making stuns last long.This is not something that is an ez fix since the buff affects the entire time scale of the unit..  if i make it exclude stuns then units wont get stunned at all in the rift. Will see if there is another solution before i do something
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:47:12 PM by Incinerate »

Computer

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 10:48:16 PM »
Another bug to fix
If hero dies while being pulled by dehaka, hero will be pulled to the location upon resurrection.

Computer

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2015, 03:29:05 AM »
reporting bug
Lvl4? Lvl5? Rory tank spawns one lvl lower tank.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2015, 12:03:47 AM »
Another bug to fix
If hero dies while being pulled by dehaka, hero will be pulled to the location upon resurrection.

Thanks for report, will check this one out.   I checked the tank spawns for rory and it seems fine.. If you look at the buff on the tanks its correct.

Computer

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2015, 12:23:13 AM »
Reporting bug
Merc supply block also blocks teamates from getting merc

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2015, 12:22:09 PM »
Reporting bug
Merc supply block also blocks teamates from getting merc

Thanks for report, will check this out

HERE is a sneak peak for what i'm working on next version!!

This is the extent of change i have to do, So much work.. Dunno what i got myself into lol. But i will do it!

Offline shoshana

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 01:39:43 PM »
o man i want to try this so bad! keep the good work! any idea of when blizz plans to release this?

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 02:00:10 PM »
o man i want to try this so bad! keep the good work! any idea of when blizz plans to release this?

According to this post on Sc2mapster.com from a blizzard employee  http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/general/general-chat/74782-official-war3-assets-released/?post=65

The estimate is 2 months before they release the warcraft 3 art officially to starcraft 2.   Im hoping its less, but 2 months to revamp Zealot frenzy should be adequate time.  Im making a lot of progress and doing things in the editor i never knew i could do.

For instance, if you got 6 items in your inventory.. I will prevent a person from buying more so it doesn't drop south of the shop... If you got units killing enemy units and your hero isn't around the kill area, you will still get experience, instead it will divided up for all the current team heroes.  If a lone hero is in the kill area then that hero will get all the experience. Its stuff like that will add to the polish of the game..  Their will be NEW units/new upgrades. Changing the whole upgrade system to make more sense.   Also I already put in a  really cool new item at the ultimate shop.  I Will be making more items.

Im going to be removing Krate the big mercenary. I think i just got carried away by playing heart of swarm campaign and didn't really think about that unit properly. The unit is just a bad idea all around. I have an idea what i will replace Krate with.

As you can see, all the models are larger.. The terrain has also gotten larger to compensate.    Unit move speeds/range values all are being changed to account for this.  A proper armor system is now in place.. So me doing crap like limiting defense shields to just 2 stacks to prevent armor stacking abuse is gone.

The first release of the map probably wont have any new heroes. Im going over all the current ones and buffing/nerfing where i think there is a problem or some abilities just not making sense.   For instance butch devour....   The buff lasts way to short and will never be picked over leap stun and damage boost. 

When i fix all the current heroes. Then i will start adding some new war3 ones..

Im thinking Deathknight/Mountain King/Blademaster.     DeathSHeep is a must though. I have to get deathsheep in.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:13:49 PM by Incinerate »

Computer

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2015, 12:07:26 AM »
Hi, Incinerate
Can you make ally units pushable?

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2015, 12:31:37 AM »
Hi, Incinerate
Can you make ally units pushable?

when i first made ZF i used to have that feature in.Needless to say it caused more significant problems than it fixed.For example ally units could push your hero into enemy territory when moving in large clumps.It was ugly
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 12:35:57 AM by Incinerate »

Offline angstrom

• Diamond League
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2015, 07:11:24 PM »
once again, you should seriously consider adding the following feature:

"Another way to make the game more balance is implement an auto hero level upgrade.  Every 6 minutes,  any hero that currently 3 levels or lower than the current highest level hero should automatically raise level by 1.  The reason behind this, simply because this much of a level gap makes the lower level hero useless. The level gap also tells you that they are falling behind on earning mineral -  though they are receiving 1 level-up, they still far behind on  building their units or hero."
Additionally, it really helps the newcomers.  there are game where these 'pros'; who obviously are ahead of the newcomer in the game, constantly feeding off the low level hero of newcomers.  it's very discouraging to them of having any further chance playing this map again of such imbalance.
Furthermore, it adjusted the imbalance of where one team feed off another team in the early stage of the game.

----------------
here's a question - might be bug: Is it your intention to eliminate stealth on hero carrying the Axe-Str(19 str/agi) item?  The item prevent stealth being cast on.

Offline Forrest

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2015, 09:57:27 AM »
Just to let you know the imbalance of chuck played a hero pick game (most are random to avoid this) yesterday, and there were 9 out 12 chucks.  If a team times their stuns units can never even attack, this stun has to be fixed somehow maybe longer cooldown.  Chuck is best in aoe (spike is close), he has best stun (maybe golem but its close), best aura.  Chuck fills so many roles, most heroes only fill one or two very well.  But when its a pick game and it always mass chuck it makes the game stale.  The fun part of zf is playing a game with a wide variety of heroes.  One thing to maybe consider is allowing only one hero type per team (only one chuck per team) or even make it one intel aglity strength hero per team.  In other hero games a team cannot have more than one hero type per team just an idea.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2015, 10:55:29 AM »
once again, you should seriously consider adding the following feature:

"Another way to make the game more balance is implement an auto hero level upgrade.  Every 6 minutes,  any hero that currently 3 levels or lower than the current highest level hero should automatically raise level by 1.  The reason behind this, simply because this much of a level gap makes the lower level hero useless. The level gap also tells you that they are falling behind on earning mineral -  though they are receiving 1 level-up, they still far behind on  building their units or hero."
Additionally, it really helps the newcomers.  there are game where these 'pros'; who obviously are ahead of the newcomer in the game, constantly feeding off the low level hero of newcomers.  it's very discouraging to them of having any further chance playing this map again of such imbalance.
Furthermore, it adjusted the imbalance of where one team feed off another team in the early stage of the game.

----------------
here's a question - might be bug: Is it your intention to eliminate stealth on hero carrying the Axe-Str(19 str/agi) item?  The item prevent stealth being cast on.

Thanks for bug report, I have just got it fixed for next version of ZF.     The idea of giving something to teams behind in hero levels is something i will consider.The implementation however is quite difficult for me as someone that is pretty noob at triggering ( my expertise is the data editor.. Zf is practically all Data work... Barely any triggers as i'm bad with them.)     

Such an idea seems like it can be prone to abuse as well.. Say a winning team buys a second hero.. They get free levels as well?   

I dunno what's so bad with the classic tradition of footmen frenzy. Yea sure you might not like it.. But thats how its always been.. If you fall behind in levels,then there is a greater chance you will lose. Such a so called corrective measure(free levels for heroes behind) can also backfire  and just cause stalemates galore as nobody would be able to get ahead. Turtle fest!.

Just let me say this though, even good players with horrible starts can still win, If they know what they are doing...   With secret invis farming.. Good stasis wards / cannon tower use and good scepter use can bring you back from the abyss . The  New ZF is and let me repeat going to be a fresh revamp.(especially in regards to global experience share when no heroes are around the kill areas) . So things that might be problematic now might not necessarily be anymore as i'm changing a lot.      Work on your early game.. You probably getting flanked by footmen and wondering why the hell all the other heroes higher level than you.

@forrest , Chuck will be looked at again.       TC was pretty strong in war3 footies, so im not surprised chuck is strong here as well.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 11:10:03 AM by Incinerate »

Offline Forrest

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2015, 12:09:47 PM »
Other heroes are strong to, but so many games are filled with chucks, if its pick expect like 6+ chucks which zf is more fun when there is variety of heroes are in the game.  The reason for this is chuck in the hands of a good player is about impossible to beat unless you chuck yourself.

Offline Forrest

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2015, 12:16:22 PM »
I am excited for the new zf, don't get me wrong I may sound like I am complaining, but the old version is a ton of fun, and love what you did there.  I would like to see ZF on the front page like it was when I first started playing, and I think the new update will make that happen.  The auto leveling would probably be abused, and encourage getting more than one hero, which is somewhat uncommon right now, other than a few heroes (monta being the most common).  Maybe if you could base it on the lowest income player.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2015, 01:51:08 PM »
I am excited for the new zf, don't get me wrong I may sound like I am complaining, but the old version is a ton of fun, and love what you did there.  I would like to see ZF on the front page like it was when I first started playing, and I think the new update will make that happen.  The auto leveling would probably be abused, and encourage getting more than one hero, which is somewhat uncommon right now, other than a few heroes (monta being the most common).  Maybe if you could base it on the lowest income player.

The core will stay the same, but things like marines/marauders/hellions/thors etc are all gone.      Instead its war3 units!..   Example.. Riflemen/Captain footman's/Spell breakers/ Knights/and siege tanks. These units also got their corpse animation from war3, which has allowed me to target dead units which is intuitive for the regular players.   "they see corpse, must mean something can be done with them".        Stalkers for instance cant leave a corpse without either 1) lagging down the place, or 2 ) looking funny.   

These lower poly units will also significantly increase the framerate for everybody .     Look at my screenshot.. They still look damn good.

Racial ability also moved for an ability that benefits the whole tree.   For instance say you upgraded zealot charge.. If you then went to stalkers the money you paid in charge is wasted.    Now each tech tree has a custom upgrade.  For instance humans all get evasion.. Orcs all get critical strike ( once you upgrade the racial ofcourse). Higher levels means higher levels of critical strike or evasion.     Stuff like that..

Im also going through every hero .. Like for instance i have reached templar assassin now.   I've changed maim slash to be targeted rather than instant..  Or things like a red arrow showing when you are in shop range..   I've also spotted an abuse when a hero dies within shop range that is fixed.   Late game is improved as well, you have something to combo crystal artifact with. But also that combo can be "countered as well".  So its a game of counters..     

It will stay as complicated as ZF, but i think what im going for now should be more intuitive.   ( no nonsense restrictions on item caps and such that one must first READ and be like "WTF?" why my item doesn't work!? lol). Speed scroll has also fundamentally changed. It will bring you to the speed cap for which i have implemented on each unit as max speed 4, minimum speed .08.     So whats the significance of this? well 2 things.. You can actually speed scroll out of earthquake for instance... And when i bring death sheep in, you will be able to use speed scroll on sheep because that hero is going be very slow moving.    the way speed scroll works now is how i always wanted it to be, but i just was too lazy to implement it in before because it requires adding a max/minimum cap to each unit. Since i have to go through every unit now , i might as well do it now. Which i have started already as  i go through each unit 1 by 1.   There is a max weapon speed as well.

Putting in more animations  as well for where i find it was lacking.  So far so good, still lots to do but i getting there

« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:18:15 PM by Incinerate »

Offline shoshana

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2015, 02:01:00 PM »
i think a good idea would be adding a slightly op hero that can only be attainable on random. that way we have an incentive to go random and less picked games

Offline angstrom

• Diamond League
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2015, 06:47:14 PM »

Such an idea seems like it can be prone to abuse as well.. Say a winning team buys a second hero.. They get free levels as well?   

I dunno what's so bad with the classic tradition of footmen frenzy. Yea sure you might not like it.. But thats how its always been.. If you fall behind in levels,then there is a greater chance you will lose. Such a so called corrective measure(free levels for heroes behind) can also backfire  and just cause stalemates galore as nobody would be able to get ahead. Turtle fest!.

for a freshly bought hero to reach level 15, it would take a total of 1 hour and 30 minutes.  So i don't think it can be abused.  In my opinion, the idea of shared-experience on kills when there's no heroes around, this is something can be abused; especially at later stage of the game.  e.g.: level 1 hero sits at base, send units out for kills, next minute hero reach level 10.

for your other concern regarding stalemate: the free level won't create such situation.   First of all, what make a team/heroes strong is item and upgrade it purchased with minerals.  Though some heroes are receiving a free level, it doesn't really make a huge significance overall since they aren't receiving any mineral for upgrade.  Secondly, free-level only tick once every 6 minutes so there's plenty of time for the stronger team to attack if they chose to.  And if they keep doing so, their heroes would still be ahead of others.  Lastly, heroes won't be receiving free level-up if they are within 3 levels of the current highest level hero; which mean they will still be behind the stronger team.

When you are in a game where heroes of one team is at level 10 while others are at level 4, it will be a pretty crappy game regardless of which team are you on.   If the heroes of one team is so much ahead of others, the game is pretty much over.  Having such implementation of free-level only to balance the game for early stage and give newcomers a fighting chance.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2015, 04:58:11 PM »
@shoshana.. Well i think the advantages from random is already pretty decent.. You get amulet and boots. From what i hear on these boards, some people are selling boots for a ghost in order to gain an advantage early game. Thats significant ..         I do like a random hero only idea though, it was in footmen frenzy as well..But since i have so few heroes in ZF, i never bothered with a random only hero cause i was trying to build up the hero pool first.   Will probably do one in the future....      Perhaps one just like in war3 footies ..   He had all auras/high base stats and an ultimate that kills everything in a radius ( including enemy heroes) instantly after a small channel.  The ultimate kills himself as well..

One step at a time though.

@Angstrom
I think you misunderstood the global xp share, or at least misinterpreted it.   If say an ally hero is around the kill radius, then that ally hero will get all the xp.     If 2 heroes are around the kill radius then the xp will be divided.       If no heroes are around the kill radius, then the xp will be divided up by all the heroes. So experience points are never wasted.         If you are suggesting sending a naked army ( none hero supported) toward an enemy base in hope that it levels up your freshly bought hero sitting in base.. All i can say is LOL, because that will backfire hard.  Units that arent supported by heroes are fodder, and as said it will still take a long time, because the xp will be divided by 4(4 heroes on the team) if no heroes are around the kill radius.. Its sharing to all.       Max level also leeches xp.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 05:13:20 PM by Incinerate »

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2015, 02:12:37 PM »
if you look at my second screen shot, there is a teaser for something "LOLish" i'm working on. A hint, its fluffy and dead

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2015, 02:24:28 AM »
Look who i have here :D

And yes, 100% confirmed. I have already finished implementing her. This hero took a while to do properly but im glad i did it. Quite fun indeed.

Progress is coming along nicely, not as fast as i wished but getting there

Offline shoshana

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2015, 03:24:17 PM »
props on you incinerate for the great remake and modifications you are making! i cant express how greatful we ZF players are to you for all these changes!

Offline calamities

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2015, 03:53:38 PM »
Ditto.  So excited.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2015, 04:08:18 PM »
no problem guys, enjoying it ..

one more..      Widow mines anyone ? LOL .. I have already changed it to widow mines instead of spider mines. Swan needs a buff. I also removed minimum range from siege tank as well so it doesnt stop firing at units that come close

« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:11:22 PM by Incinerate »

Offline shoshana

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2015, 04:42:05 PM »
looks awesome! the new rory change seems great, also i can see chief tauren is that the new chuck t bone or a new hero? im asuming farseer is the same with a new unit model and i can also see blademaster! !! which is great

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2015, 08:22:13 PM »
looks awesome! the new rory change seems great, also i can see chief tauren is that the new chuck t bone or a new hero? im asuming farseer is the same with a new unit model and i can also see blademaster! !! which is great

Currently im a bit torn. I do want tauren chieftain in, but i also like chuck. Not sure what to do here..      I deliberately made chucks "stomp different" so its not the same as golems.     For tc to come it  would mean golem and tc are doing the same slam kinda stun.   

Right now the plan is to keep chuck in.. Tc is in the map for lolz (testing).     So as blademaster).. None of them have any abilities.. Just the models are in there.

Farseer is indeed coming in, with model and wolfs to boot. And as you can see warden is also in.     Blademaster might come in at some point in the future. The only ability that im not sure how to make correctly is mirror image.. So till i figure out that, blademaster wont be in ZF.

Due to some of the remakes . Some heroes will feel like new.  New heroes are planned.. But after core of the game is implemented.

I have finished one hero tavern of heroes completely(1st blimp to the left). Now i need to do all the heroes in the second hero tavern. Once that's finished i will go through all the newly implemented tech units. Then i have to create a racial ability for the tech units and add it to the upgrades. Then I have to go through every item because the items change stats slightly differently now so it needs a small rework.Then i need to go through every mercenary  ...Then i have to adapt the terrain size to the new fit of these units so its not so clustered. ( Example middle terrain is bigger) . I have gone with a new art style for ZF. Bigger models everywhere! Think Heroes of the storm big.

The things that will take the longest are the heroes and all the upgrades for the new tech units ... Once i finish them its smooth sailing .   ETA is about a month or less. It should be ready when the warcraft 3 assets patch goes live on starcraft 2.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 08:36:18 PM by Incinerate »

Offline shoshana

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2015, 10:16:52 PM »
for the tech trees did u reworked like all races or added new tech trees? because im assuming you changed humans for terrans and protoss for orcs, or we get to keep stimmed marauders??

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2015, 10:23:35 PM »
for the tech trees did u reworked like all races or added new tech trees? because im assuming you changed humans for terrans and protoss for orcs, or we get to keep stimmed marauders??

Changed..        Protoss/zerg/terran removed

Currently ORC (all melee) /UNDEAD(melee and ranged) /HUMAN (melee and ranged) are in.          In the second patch after the initial release  i will put in night elf (all ranged).

So 4 races total.   I haven't deleted anything though, so technically i could have 7 races in.. But im not up to the task to balance so many LOL.. Nor do i have the willpower too .  4 should be a good number.   
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 10:26:32 PM by Incinerate »

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2015, 09:25:26 AM »
just to let you guys know.i going as fast as possible without burning myself out. Im almost done with all the heroes.Everything else will be much quicker except for the new upgrades on techs.ETA not sure yet.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:26:35 AM by Incinerate »

Offline calamities

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2015, 06:47:54 PM »
Thanks for all the effort you're putting in & the updates! Can't wait to play it, but take your time!

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2015, 04:50:20 AM »
thanks cal .  One thing i hate is to feel rushed.  I do take my time, and sometimes i get distracted and not map for days. But when i do map , i do it in huge bursts and get lots done at once then take a break for a couple days since this is just a passion project .

Current update-
I have finished updating all the heroes, Now im starting on the items. There were a lot of changes to the current heroes. Quite a few abilities have been remade/updated and there are a few new hero abilities  . Example dehaka lost "mend" for something else to put him more in line of a hero killer style.  ( this ability keeps adding attack damage for each attack ..the more you attack, the more damage is stacked for a duration .. You could end up with something like +500 attack on your weapon lol)

ETA not sure yet, but certainly not as long as it took to do these heroes.
Will update again soon
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 04:54:00 AM by Incinerate »

Offline shoshana

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2015, 02:46:17 PM »
no rush no rush! we still enjoy the current version so take your time

Offline bananaquack

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2015, 04:18:44 PM »
im gay

Offline XxDarksxX

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2015, 05:35:20 AM »
Picked noob!!!! lol

Offline SneakySquid

• Void Ray
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2015, 10:01:20 PM »
Cant wait for this boost to go live!!

* Inc, can we get leechlife back as you said previously, with the change you suggested of moving it into the ulti store with price boost? some hero builds can be no more and its pretty sad