Author Topic: HOTS ZF?  (Read 33951 times)

Offline Forrest

• Artanis
    • View Profile
HOTS ZF?
« on: March 11, 2013, 09:25:18 AM »
Will zealot frenzy be posted as soon as HOTS comes out or will it takes some time before it is in its arcade?  Cause Zealot Frenzy is about the only game i play in WOL.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
Re: HOTS ZF?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 10:48:05 AM »
my guess is, all the maps on WOL will be playable on HOTS, its using the same client so you should be able to play it fine .

The real question is, If i update zealot frenzy to use HOTS features, will WOL people still be able to play Zealot frenzy without upgrading.   For that im not to sure how blizzard is going about.       My guess is no you cant play ZF if its using HOTS stuff.    So i will have to wait and see what the situation is there before i attempting to update the map for anything.

I currently dont have a credit card, so i cant pay for a digital version, and i have no idea when the game is gonna ship to my country. i dunno when i will be able to get hots.

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
  • "Fuck with the best die like the rest"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 05:08:33 PM »
If people would donate I will  buy your copy Incinerate and Ill gladly chip in $5-10 for the effort.

Offline ColdOpen

• Carrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 07:53:59 PM »
I'm picking up HOTS tonight. And I stand with Wookir I can afford 10 bucks to the cause if it'll help you get it incin.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 05:57:38 AM »
that be awesome, Whoever gets me a HOTS key gets a hero designed to their specifications and carries their name
Its the best i can offer :P

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 11:37:34 AM »
Ill buy the whole damn thing if I can get a fucking Wookie hero in the game!

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 11:58:04 AM »
oh and he needs to have a movie that allows him to rip your arms off and his ultimate at lvl 18 just lets him win. Geegee!

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 11:59:18 AM »
yes ofcourse, he will be named wookie, give me a week to make him, I WANNA PLAY HOTS ! , saw a glimpse of single player, looking cool

Offline ForestDUMP

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 12:40:47 PM »
I have high hopes wookie. Don't screw this up!

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 04:52:18 PM »
Where is the best place to purchase digitally?

Offline Incognegro

• Grandmaster League
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 06:54:40 PM »
If Wookie backs out I'll do it. I want a hero named Incognegro so bad!

Offline ForestDUMP

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 07:17:54 PM »
Wookie, probably blizzards website would be the best I would think. Pretty sure you can gift it to someone. Not sure though.

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 08:19:53 PM »
No. More up to Incinerate. I just need to talk to him and make the transfer. Personally I m not to concerned until it affects ZF?

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 01:13:25 AM »
i checked into this, i went to the blizzard store website and it specifically says starcraft 2 digital version cant be sent as a gift. 
I guess ill have to give my account details to whomever to log into it and just update the version of sc2 i have to  hots regular edition digitally. Or anybody with a hardcopy could just send the hots key thats in the box via email or p.m .     There isnt really a need for any hardcopy cd's as both methods need cd keys to be activated

First come first serve :D, private message me and the person who updates my account to hots will get a hero .
I want to update the ZF map to use the better UI and new unit models and such as well. Curious to see what goodies are their to be used
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:54:02 AM by Incinerate »

Offline ForestDUMP

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 12:04:57 PM »
I finished the campaign. There are some pretty cool unit models which would make good hero's. Can't really say without spoiling the story though.

Offline Bescheuert

• Grandmaster League
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 01:30:22 PM »
And a new tier based on the ice creatures would be nice  ;D

Offline NinjaPengun

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 06:37:03 PM »
Kk and the wookie ultimate will be named "rage mode" in other words, you're fucked because wookie is mad now.

Offline oBsBryan

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 11:27:55 PM »
lol then we just use lvl 5 ultralisks from rex

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 05:14:42 PM »
is zealot frenzy playable on hots?

Offline Bleezee

• Master League
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 05:30:51 PM »
Yea I have HOTS and everything seems to run fine.  I have only played a few games since launch though.

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 06:04:51 PM »
PM'd you Incin. Need your response.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 06:33:26 AM »
thanks wookie..  check your P.M

also thanks for the offer Incognegro, im sure we can get your name in ZF as well.

So i just finished mission 2 in hots.  Going good!

From a Zealot frenzy standpoint, i see lots of things i can do UI wise to improve

How you guys feel about having that hero icon top right with proper health / energy bars?
Or the highlight heathbar thats in a border

I see some nice new models to use as well. 

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 09:29:20 AM »
Is their anyway to shrink the amount of space the bottom console takes up on the screen? Some of this will be remedied with a new monitor for myself, but that has always bugged me. I loved in WoW that you could change to UI size and locations.

No sweat on the upgrade. I ve played the game for years so just paying it forward, that and getting a character will be funny. No sweat on that though.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:30:43 AM by dsmwookie »

Offline ForestDUMP

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 12:14:34 PM »
The hero health bar would be a good addition. Wait till you get on zerus incinerate  :D New models for dayz

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 12:54:40 PM »
experimenting,    what you guys think? is it a go?     , it takes some work to do this so before i apply it to all heroes i need the go-ahead

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 01:14:29 PM »
Oh oh, a new major problem i have found in regards to hots.

If i publish Zealot frenzy map using Heart of the swarm stuff.    Everybody playing Zealot frenzy in Wings of liberty will no longer be able to play it.   I will have to create literally 2 zealot frenzy maps with different names ..

This is a very big delima.     where the only options are

1) screw over all wings of liberity players and update it for hots
or
2) publish 2 versions which will split the popularity of the map and probably result in longer search times for games.

Damnit blizzard

Offline Incognegro

• Grandmaster League
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 02:19:45 PM »
Ah, right that does suck. My understanding is a lot of the arcade players aren't upgrading to HOTS right away so it's hard to tell what impact it'll have.

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 02:29:53 PM »
I personally haven't bought it yet, but if I had to for the game to be updated I would. I was just being lazy and had no time to play the campaign really; that and I m about to order a 2560 x 1440p monitor and another 7970...if they ever come back in stock!!!!!!!

Is their anyway to actually shrink the size of the UI though? I do like the consolidation and hero grid health bar.

Offline Bleezee

• Master League
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2013, 04:38:48 PM »
I don't like the idea of splitting the game to WOL and HOTS.  Anyone who plays a lot will have HOTS soonish.  I personally would test some ideas out and gather my thoughts on what i would want to do and upgrade in like a month or so when the majority of the population upgrades.  Maybe even put a note on the load screen saying you will need Hots by some date. 

The thing about splitting is kind of like when people found out how to cheat hero attack.  Nobody played it anymore and there were like 4 other different versions out with dead lobbies.  One ended up emerging as the one to play but it was dead for a while.  ZF is the best I would love to see it back on the top played list not on the second page.  With 2 versions you may have to dig to the 4th page to find it.

Offline Bescheuert

• Grandmaster League
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2013, 06:15:45 PM »
Yop, don't split it:

1. People who still played WOL are fans and will buy Hots anywhere. WOL will become minor popular soon.
2. The casual player who did not play WOL for a while will come back because of Hots. If you want your game become more popular, you have to fish this players with Hots stuff.

Offline shoshana

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2013, 11:36:09 PM »
yeah swith it to HOTS but wait til more ppl buy the game, meanwhile keep it on WoL, and if you could do the hots release with some new content, such as heroes, items, etc.

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2013, 02:05:57 AM »
I do agree with the above. Use this time as a beta test period to work out your kinks and guinea pig with different ideas. Then release a nice polished product on HOTS and the people will follow; Lord knows I ve followed the stupid game this long :)

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2013, 06:53:02 AM »
alright, ill wait .. i think thats the best idea, ill put out a ZF version to mention the need to update to play future versions. I'll give it 2 weeks.

In the mean time, im putting in alot of UI updates, and im thinking of making a kerrigan hero adapted to ZF ( human form)  based of some of the campaign abilities

Offline Braggiole

• Master League
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2013, 08:50:41 PM »
I'll buy you collectors edition for my own hero xD

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 04:31:18 PM »
Sure you can buy it for him. Hey incin let me have that copy :)

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2013, 07:27:28 PM »
something to look forward to.

here comes the pain!

Offline ForestDUMP

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2013, 08:55:03 PM »
Looks awesome! Can't wait some hots content to be added.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013, 11:30:33 PM »
got lots of cool features you guys gonna like

UI is different to what i showed in the picture a couple posts above,and some annoying bugs been fixed
new hero stukov for now,primal kerrigan next
gonna change some hero abilities, thinking maybe raptors for queen and remove sticky egg
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 11:41:23 PM by Incinerate »

Offline ForestDUMP

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2013, 01:11:10 PM »
Would the raptors spawn like they did on that protoss ship mission? I think that would be cool.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2013, 03:48:26 PM »
Would the raptors spawn like they did on that protoss ship mission? I think that would be cool.

yes just like that,      Believe it or not that was actually the inspiration :D

Offline ForestDUMP

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2013, 04:03:48 PM »
I like that a lot more then the egg. Have you thought about making it more similar to the mission (level 1 lings. level 2 roaches, level 3 hydras, and keep the final level?). Either way, i like the queen changes!

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2013, 09:57:49 PM »
Currently streaming me at the map editor, Tune in to get a look at how the new stuff is coming along.  Im putting in a new MERC now.

http://www.twitch.tv/cheddarterran

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2013, 01:33:13 PM »
streaming again :D

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2013, 05:48:59 PM »
Wow i found a hugeeee bug in the game
No wonder people found queen of blades as a weak hero, The baneling drop pods never granted experience points to the queen when they killed shit.           

are people even playing this game awake? :P  ..  Just 2 days ago i was told ghost merc cloaking could not decloak itself and was stuck to the point where it drained out all of the energy, and its been like this  for a while.. I fixed it the same night.       Come on people, if you see bugs tell me.

So i been trying to update the map, but i got side tracked by trying out bioshock infinite and now im hooked. The game is damn good, its taking up some of the time to get zf out faster.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 05:51:16 PM by Incinerate »

Offline oBsBryan

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2013, 07:14:12 PM »
did u finally fix the item being stuck in the shops yet?

Offline oBsBryan

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2013, 07:16:21 PM »
ill also try to keep a close eye out for any bugs i see.

Offline Swarm

• Master League
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2013, 08:52:01 PM »
Wow i found a hugeeee bug in the game
No wonder people found queen of blades as a weak hero, The baneling drop pods never granted experience points to the queen when they killed shit.           

are people even playing this game awake? :P  ..  Just 2 days ago i was told ghost merc cloaking could not decloak itself and was stuck to the point where it drained out all of the energy, and its been like this  for a while.. I fixed it the same night.       Come on people, if you see bugs tell me.

So i been trying to update the map, but i got side tracked by trying out bioshock infinite and now im hooked. The game is damn good, its taking up some of the time to get zf out faster.
While I remember it, the swarm guardian will only spawn as many broodlings as there are units within the spell range. So if a hero comes out my hero will only spawn 1 broodling, instead of the usual 8 or so.

Offline Bleezee

• Master League
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2013, 10:24:56 PM »
Swarm guardian is working as intended im sure.  all broodlings spawned on a single target would be insanely OP.  You could not only kill heroes crazy fast but you could trap them as well

Offline oBsBryan

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2013, 11:23:27 AM »
@swarm, its not a bug its ment to be like that. if you want to spawn all or most of your broodlings you need to go close to packs of enemies units. so if you want to spawn 10 IE because u upgraded the broodling strike than you need to go near 10 or more units and it will spawn the correct number of 10.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 11:24:55 AM by oBsBryan »

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2013, 03:20:38 PM »
yea when i made guardian hero, initially i had it spawning the mass number of broodlings no matter what, Then after a single test i noticed that there was no way to make this shit balanced , because it would instant surround every hero and kill it. The only fix to that is to make the broodlings insanely weak, but then that would defeat the purpose of the ability as it would just turn it into a single target nuke blocker that was hard to control.

Made no sense so i did it this way. I should put a range indicator on it if it doesn't have one already , so you know close you gotta be to get  broodlings to spawn.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2013, 03:24:20 PM »
did u finally fix the item being stuck in the shops yet?

yes its fixed, for the HOTS version.
However i am running into a problem for the middle shop.  When i put in a proper pathing for the building, it reminded me why i removed the footprint pathing from the structure to  regular unit pathing in the first place, The shop just doesn't t want to stay directly in the center of the map when footprints are enabled (that fixes the problem) , Its about 2 squares off that cannot be fixed unless i remove the structure pathing to how it was before. Its a big dilemma i had . Because of the arcade patch, blizzard changed something that is causing the work around i had to not work anymore. So i gotta think of something else
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 03:25:51 PM by Incinerate »

Offline oBsBryan

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2013, 04:04:20 PM »
well one bug i found is that sprock will not always cloak. its really annoying when ur a golem for example and u want to go in a base to ulti but the sprock refuses to cloak you or when ur tassadar and want to attack a team and u dont want them to see you and you just cant get cloaked. this needs to be fixed  >:(
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 04:05:02 PM by oBsBryan »

Offline Incognegro

• Grandmaster League
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2013, 05:26:09 PM »
never had a problem with cloak from sprock..

BTW Incinerate, I just started playing Bioshock today too finally.. looks pretty cool!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 05:27:33 PM by Incognegro »

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2013, 05:57:44 PM »
well one bug i found is that sprock will not always cloak. its really annoying when ur a golem for example and u want to go in a base to ulti but the sprock refuses to cloak you or when ur tassadar and want to attack a team and u dont want them to see you and you just cant get cloaked. this needs to be fixed  >:(

sprock wont cloak you if you are on an attack command. You have to be only on move command

Yes i know its annoying, Will see what i can do for hots version.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2013, 05:58:35 PM »
never had a problem with cloak from sprock..

BTW Incinerate, I just started playing Bioshock today too finally.. looks pretty cool!

you gonna be hooked !! , i now reach maybe 1/4 way threw.. Im vex i started it, should have finished off ZF HOTS version first.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2013, 09:02:54 PM »
okay cloak issues from sprock is fixed for next version.

Offline Flaunty

• Master League
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2013, 02:48:37 AM »
I got a better idea than HOTS, how about you make some new heros for gods sake. This game is so good but the lack of additions in the hero area is ruining it. Maybe you should add people to edit the map since we NEVER get new heros.

Offline EcLiPsEmOOn

• Artanis
  • EcLiPsEmOOn.435
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2013, 06:32:21 AM »
If Wookie backs out I'll do it. I want a hero named Incognegro so bad!
lol my name would look really wierd as a hero name
?_?

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2013, 10:06:07 PM »
He is adding heroes in the new version as well.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2013, 05:38:51 PM »
yes new hero is being made,
Stuck on what direction to take him though

Do people want more of a nuker/army supporter?

or do you want an army supporter/swarming hero ( mass summons)

And yes the hero is Stukov

Tell me which skillset you prefer or suggest a new ability
So far im down to 2 ideas

Idea A) 
Nuke -single target damage
Unholy Aura - Grants movespeed and hitpoint regen
Consume - Cattlebruiser's consume
Ultimate- That fire breathing D.R.A.G.O.N i have in the pictures above this post

Think deathknight

Idea B)
Life Drain - Channeling nukes that also heal you.
Infested Shot -  If a unit dies while under the effect of infest, a minion is spawned. Leveling increases the minions.
Unholy Aura - movespeed and hitpoint regen
Ultimate - Same as idea A.

Think Darkranger/ Deathknight hybrid.

Next will be either Primal Queen or that Dehaka guy.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 05:48:50 PM by Incinerate »

Offline ColdOpen

• Carrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2013, 06:45:02 PM »
I think Idea B has the most interesting options whereas idea A is basically an infested CB.

Offline Bleezee

• Master League
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2013, 08:46:08 PM »
The only thing i don't like about idea B is the channeling nuke.   sounds like it will be one of those talents that are skipped just like flavs channel spell.  Channeling abilities better be something badass if it's gonna be used in a game thats main focus is getting surrounds on heroes.

Offline nova1619

• Grandmaster League
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2013, 11:47:56 PM »
I think the Starcrafton ultimate should be saved for a dehka style hero like primal zerg with other primal zergy abilities, and stukov should get a raise infested terran ability, so it summons a small mixed army, or maybe something like nova's theft aoe, but instead it's a larger aoe than novas but the units have timed life. (speaking of which, nova's mind control aoe is a bit too large. you can steal enemy units faster than they can spawn them with her ability).

in terms of ability sets, i think the second one is better. the one with life drain.

Offline oBsBryan

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2013, 12:31:46 AM »
idea B has more army support versatility and the abilites seem more cooler but a few things i would ask is, is infested shot like darkmus aura where if a unit dies under that aura there is a chance a unit spawns? or it is like an AOE that if any units die while under the effect it will spawn a unit.

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2013, 11:29:37 AM »
Infested shot means....he shoots a unit with the spell, if it dies while the spell debuff is on him it spawns the units. As infested shot goes up in rank the units get better I.E. lings, more lings, hydras, more hydras, ultralisks....

I personally like A. It is tried and true and not like C.B.. This character has only one nuking spell, it is meant to be used in conjunction with his army. Secondly he has an ultimate that is meant for mass battles and AOE; not for targeting one hero. This hero existed in Footmen Frenzy and was extremely balanced this way. I know you're worried consume won't be used, but it is used on C.B. for those who know how to play him. I think with an army behind him it will be utilized as well. The occasional oh snap button to top your hero off in a big fight is nice, and guess what, he will have units with him since he is a support hero.

Either will work, but the Dark Ranger style was pretty meh, the saving grace of Dark Ranger was lvl 6 silence. Since we won't have that it simply will not work. Life drain was pretty trash unless you set her up just for that even then it was still pretty garbage and she is no longer support.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2013, 11:44:31 AM »
i like the points that nova and wookie made

I do think the primal Starcrafton should be on dehaka instead as that makes more sense
And for stukov, DK skillset would probably fit him best.

Right now i think im gonna scrap stukov for now and move on to a next hero

I think ill make dehaka first and put the Starcrafton on him

Now the question is, anybody else think the viper pull on dehaka gonna be extreme imba?
Im gonna make dehaka with it, but if it proves to be problematic, ill probably replace the ability.

EDIT , Why it is that everytime D.R.A.G.O.N is said on these forums it gets replaced for starcrafton? Its confusing
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:46:08 AM by Incinerate »

Offline ForestDUMP

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2013, 11:51:04 AM »
It could be Incinerate. Pulling heroes, high value targets wont be safe (sprok, ghost, tank etc...). Only way I could see balance would make it super short, but then it might be useless and people wouldn't learn the spell at all. Tricky situation.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2013, 12:33:17 PM »
thinking of it starting off at low range, zero damage

it cannot target the mercs till atleas late levels or none at all.

The more leveled up it gets, the further the range, maybe it could start at 4 or 5 range?

at first mass,  i think people would need to learn how to play against dehaka first before going to the imba board.  No melee hero should be on the front lines on first mass if dehaka is in that lane. Just sit back and watch.

Its around mid-game i fear, maybe someone going zerglings/hook and getting a surround every time a hook is used.

Maybe i can put in an item just for that,       costs 450... when activated , it lasts for 2 seconds and returns full damage to all melee attacks while blocking off some?

Thats if this hook proves to be imba

What to do?

Offline ForestDUMP

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2013, 12:43:48 PM »
maybe you could do something like if it pulls a hero and it is successful, the cool-down is significantly longer (to avoid mass hero killing later in the game) then pulling other things.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 01:04:47 PM by Incinerate »

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2013, 01:05:14 PM »
maybe you could do something like if it pulls a hero and it is successful, the cool-down is significantly longer (to avoid mass hero killing later in the game) then pulling other things.

woops, i went to press quote and it edited your post

thats starting to get very complicated, dont even know what numbers i'd use

Hmm ill see how this pans out , there was a pulling hero in footmen frenzy that was quite balanced, but it wasnt the kind of pull dehaka does, instead he pulled a target front of him to behind of him and then did aoe splash upon landing. It was very low range though.

This gonna tuff..       Making heroes is faster part, its the ideas that take a long time.

Btw ,  @wookie i just fixed rex stun for hots version. Now you can calm down lol

Offline oBsBryan

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2013, 01:41:26 PM »
how about making the hook have a cast time. IE, you want to use hook on a kerrigan, so when you cast hook you have to stay in place for maybe a few seconds ( time decreases as you lvl this ability ) before the hook reaches out or however you intend to make the hook grab.

Offline nova1619

• Grandmaster League
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2013, 09:54:50 PM »
maybe make dehaka's pull just like tychus push, except without damage since it'll be easier to use.

so it'd have to be channeled to make dehaka vulnerable during the cast (to make it harder to use) and if you could make it that it can't pull through armies then it wouldn't be broken at the beginning unless your opponent is stupid.

Offline shoshana

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2013, 10:06:38 PM »
it kinda seems OP, id say implement it first and see if we can deal with it, also have you modified some heroes you wanted to??like rory or queen ??

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2013, 12:49:00 AM »
well tychus push is in the opposite way, so thats okay.       

Um ya i will just put it in, and see if its balanced. If not i will remove it

And guys, if you think this is a small update, dont be mistaken.. This next version gonna change ZF a lot.   Got some new ideas that nobody knows coming in.     i plan to make all 3 paths to victory very formidable.

Offline oBsBryan

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2013, 01:07:18 AM »
cant wait incin!  ;D ;D

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2013, 09:24:31 AM »
I would toss Stukov in as DK clone and let it ride until you come up with a better solution. Unholy Aura is very good and I think needs to be in the game. More things like this allow the tiers to not wait so often and lessens speed scrolls as it helps them move a lot faster.

It is great to see the changes coming, but bare in mind to drastic at once and it will really show a lot of imbalance and be painful to correct. We know the DK model works so toss it in. I m sure your hands will be full with tweaking the other new heroes as well.

P.S. I do appreciate the Rex fix, is he getting an overall buff as well? If not he will be a pretty lame duck, he just needed balancing; much like some of these other heroes could use.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2013, 03:30:14 PM »
I would toss Stukov in as DK clone and let it ride until you come up with a better solution. Unholy Aura is very good and I think needs to be in the game. More things like this allow the tiers to not wait so often and lessens speed scrolls as it helps them move a lot faster.

It is great to see the changes coming, but bare in mind to drastic at once and it will really show a lot of imbalance and be painful to correct. We know the DK model works so toss it in. I m sure your hands will be full with tweaking the other new heroes as well.

P.S. I do appreciate the Rex fix, is he getting an overall buff as well? If not he will be a pretty lame duck, he just needed balancing; much like some of these other heroes could use.

let me release all the new content first, then we go back to heroes like rex or whoever else that might need buffing within the same week as i even out the imba's from the dehaka + other things to come in

for stukov, he will come in after dehaka, for now i have 1 hero planned, but as you can see stukov is 1/2 finished. So he will be quite fast to come in after.

For rex, i only fixed the stacking stuns and for it to not work on structure.         He will still stun heroes, but it wont activate if you are already stunned so the stun locks are way harder to accomplish.     If he is proving to be weak, i can make the ultralisks a little more tanky and have them start cleaving a bit earlier in level, Right now they only cleave at level 5 or 6, not sure

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2013, 03:32:12 PM »
man i got so much fucking changes this coming ZF, gonna be crazy. I hope the changes are for the better

Promoting more Merc/unit usage.     Trying to eliminate the mid-game stalemates threw clever shit but also trying to keep hero'ing good as well.  Nothing wrong with stalemates per say, just having something going on that is viable is what i say.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 03:33:11 PM by Incinerate »

Offline ColdOpen

• Carrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2013, 04:03:52 PM »
When are we expecting the release? I want to time the tourney for the HOTS release as you suggested.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2013, 04:05:50 PM »
few days

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2013, 10:14:56 AM »
Please do not bring back entry mercs. I am all for the shenanigans mid game that is what the game is about! Entry mercs just ruin it. The game is supposed to be a hero/army game with a combination of strategy, but  giving people armies from the start just messes up the dynamics and enjoyability especially to random players.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2013, 03:19:02 PM »
yea its not entry mercs, they are still all on the cooldown till first tech is available .

Its more of a mid-game merc approach, im creating a combo that literally might be possible to do with zero hero usage for the entire game if they choose to go that route, but it will be risky.

As i mentioned, i want it possible to use all 3 paths or only 1 path to victory .

What are the 3 paths?

A) Hero /item building for your hero
B) Teching up your units and upgrading
C) Merc usage

Right now i think everybody uses a combo of everything

My plans is to make  B+C without A more viable.
 So their is more fun to be had in the game with more varied play . Option A will stay completely viable .
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 03:24:35 PM by Incinerate »

Offline oBsBryan

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2013, 07:42:04 PM »
why would you try to make B as you stated more viable? I can understand trying to get more ppl to use mercs but i dont understand why you want to make teching up and upgrading because a smart team will always have 2 techers and 1 hero.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2013, 09:34:04 PM »
why would you try to make B as you stated more viable? I can understand trying to get more ppl to use mercs but i dont understand why you want to make teching up and upgrading because a smart team will always have 2 techers and 1 hero.

i never said im making B more viable . I said im making B and C work together without the need for A.        Currently you do predominately A + B with a tiny mix of C .

Im trying to get

B+C to work without A.   Note B+ C means together.  You cant go B alone and expect to win, and you cant go C alone and expect to win. This is strictly to get B+C combo just as viable as A+B

But obviously the best would be doing all of the above, just trying to add more variety and i only need  3 new mercs to do it.
I have removed the viking.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 09:37:38 PM by Incinerate »

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2013, 10:06:52 PM »
currently streaming, tune in to seee the new mercs in action.    http://www.twitch.tv/cheddarterran

Offline Forrest

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2013, 08:45:17 AM »
Removed viking is fine, but it was good at spotting the cliff, but i dont know what the new mercs, but the viking did help against cliff action.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2013, 02:15:51 PM »
yea the viking helped againt cliff action, the main reason for the removal is actually because the merc shop has no more room left,  i have a delima , Create a new shop? or remove merc that arent being used much, or create a submenu within a shop that confuses people.

I figured the viking could be the first to be removed. And the reason being is that the merc ghost is also good against cliff action. And the bases also have high ground vision, so they see upcliffs no problem. That concluded me to not really see a reason why viking needs to stay over the merc's im bringing in.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 02:17:26 PM by Incinerate »

Offline oBsBryan

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2013, 03:04:03 PM »
Make a submenu within the shop. as you mentioned it might confuse ppl at first but as they use mercs more ( considering all the new mercs ive seen ) they would get used to the submenu rather quickly.

Offline Forrest

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2013, 04:05:34 AM »
The mercs we have now are not that effective without teching or heroing, so it will be fun to see what you are thinking.  The reaper and sentry are not used hardly at all,  which the sentry has potential with force fields and gaurdian shield, but i can every seem to make it worth the investment cause it gets sniped so easy.  I hope to see these little used mercs made more effective even if it means they cost a little more.  The more options you can go the better, and thats why i like ZF so many strats.

Will the hots version have any new maps?  A new map i think would be fun, but they ones we have are good to:) 

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2013, 02:17:14 PM »
well i havent put in a new terrain, that would take longer than all the new content i putting in combined.  There is a lot of trigger work and terrain design to get that possible.       I would really like a 2v2v2v2v2v2 mode with a terrain designed to support 2 teams per fraction. But im not going to make it. Anyone that atleast knows how to use the terrain editor can make it and ill import it.      The tileset i currently use is AIUR (URBAN) with 1 of the textures swapped from another texture set to get the lighter shade of grass.

The layout should look something like this   http://www.mapgnome.org/map-image/37883

So an update, i finished with adding what i wanted to add, now all im doing is play testing balance from my own perspective. Shouldnt be much longer before i release next update.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2013, 06:31:13 AM »
For all who dont have HOTS as yet, get it now http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832127012

$28 bucks !

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2013, 08:23:15 PM »
wow i keep coming up with more ideas for ZF, i think i findly found an idea that would actually help the stalemate issue mid-game . I dont want to say all the new stuff im bringing in cause i want it to be a surprise, but wow i think this one is gonna work!

Almost done guys, tomorrow ill try to finish and release it same day.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:59:12 PM by Incinerate »

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2013, 01:14:36 AM »
I ran into some bugs, ill try to have it out  later on today.

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2013, 08:52:01 AM »
Anxiously awaiting! Ill go ahead and download HOTS when I get home.

Offline Braggiole

• Master League
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2013, 05:22:16 PM »
You should make a hero like Sheep!

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2013, 05:46:21 PM »
probably will at some point for sheep.

and wookie, i believe you dont have to download anything because WOL has already patched it to be in your client.  purchasing it just enables certain things to be displayed.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:51:29 PM by Incinerate »

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2013, 12:44:48 AM »
i know you guys waiting anxiously, but i keep finding new stuff to polish that always made me go this could be better. So hence why the delays

Examples,  Triggers to give text messages for No Fly Zones,     Proper experience share ranges, Revisiting Experience grants from each unit, White borders for all heroes in control group icons,  New health/energy level bar , List goes on and on..   Like for instance, since i was going threw every unit, i noticed rory ultimate gave him zero experience despite if he may have killed a hero

It will be ready soon, i wont say a time , but only going to say soon.. Still have a bit more things i want to polish and fix

Changelist is gonna be massive
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:46:54 AM by Incinerate »

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2013, 06:45:24 PM »
It will be released today, currently im out, but when i get home its literally done, i didnt want to release and not be home due to potential bugs that might need immediate fix.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:46:00 PM by Incinerate »

Offline aODI

• Stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2013, 10:15:16 PM »
release it now!!

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2013, 12:21:29 AM »
Update went through but BUBU was saying he couldnt log in and he has the expansion. Ill go DL it now.