Author Topic: question  (Read 292 times)

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
question
« on: November 20, 2020, 07:39:24 PM »
so im wondering if there is even a need for updates anymore... For all zealot frenzy active players.. how often would you say you get games in? is sc2 player base still alive and big, or are the games of Zealot frenzy few .

I was thinking of doing 1 more new hero and calling it a day.. I had an idea for a really fun crazy healing centric/support hero unlike any other.. but makes no sense to go threw all that work if the map /or game be ded.

So whats the activity like these days?

Offline Strangelove

• Artanis
    • View Profile
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 09:31:46 PM »
Activity is ok. Most vets have moved on. Not many competitive games.

Not worth building a new hero.

Only changes would be to fix Farseer chain lightning, nerf Nitro passive damage and make Cairne's ult take off any invisibility.

Offline 1b2a

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 11:04:26 PM »

Only changes would be to fix Farseer chain lightning, nerf Nitro passive damage and make Cairne's ult take off any invisibility.

Really?

Every evening has running games going. Definitely updates would be good, even just to freshen up some metas

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 12:20:59 AM »

oh yes yes, farseer lighting.. I dunno wtf happened to it.

i ve been trying to fix it and nothing is working, i believe blizzard totally changed the dynamics behind my chain lighting spell.         I think im gonna give him a new AOE ability that is similar but maybe a little bit stronger, watcha think?

okay to nitro and carne invis.

Ill get a patch out soon.

Any other bug fixes or slight improvements that wont take up to much time? 

Offline Raptor

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 01:58:45 AM »
Give farsee other ability.  Still weak heroes: Queen, Paladin (little weak), Karass (Little weak or increase his Z range a little).

Rory Laser really slow, most heroes get out of him (increase laser damage a little).  And Rory mines level 1 2 3 a 4 really suck.  Few of them do not kill even a footman.

Dehaka is good hero but hard to use.  Increase his wolves a little or his special a little.

Rex is ok hero but maybe if you increase his x units to 2 instead of 1.

Offline 1b2a

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 03:32:18 PM »
Alarak is still the strongest hero. Z is OP. it should target a spot on the ground. His special deletes armies for free. Should have it's AOE not go behind him, front only as a nerf.

Offline Strangelove

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 04:51:45 PM »
Don’t listen to raptor. Paladin is fine. Queen is ok. Rex and dehaka are fine as well. Maybe slight buff to dehaka spawns.

Biggest problem heroes are nitro, cairne and alarak.

Agree with poster above about alarak changes. Also read my PM about ankh bug.

Offline Tragichero

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 09:44:41 PM »
Don’t listen to raptor. Paladin is fine. Queen is ok. Rex and dehaka are fine as well. Maybe slight buff to dehaka spawns.

Biggest problem heroes are nitro, cairne and alarak.

Agree with poster above about alarak changes. Also read my PM about ankh bug.

Has Artanis been fixed?

Id rather have Dehaka's healing buffed than his spawns.

Paladin IMO is one of the top 8 heros. Only time he sucks is if your team has no dps at start, might have to play a little catch up mid to late game but worth it imo.

Offline Raptor

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 06:54:03 AM »
Tichus is oki hero but his reincarnaion is insane.  Last game  we got very strong units and kill Tichus 12 times and he get back alive once more.  That is a bug.

Strange big idiot i hope you one day get a little brain.

The changes I am asking is to make all hero more equals.

Right now if you get nitro, tychus and Kaine in one team.  Other teams are fucked if they do not get all range heroes.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2020, 07:40:07 PM »
i put out a patch last night, planning to do another tonight just for alarak

-Removed the ability to cast any ability from invisibility ... This applies to every ability in the game.   ( hence no more cloaked  carne echo slam or any other hero abuse)

-replaced farseer area of effect with a slightly perhaps better one.. but i dont want it to strong cause farseer is a strong hero late game

-nerfed nitro passive damage a little

-fixed some revive animation issues

-added animation to ankh of reincarnation

Will look at reduce some of the damage alarak does tonight in his fire punch.

Offline 1b2a

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2020, 07:59:01 PM »
i put out a patch last night, planning to do another tonight just for alarak

-Removed the ability to cast any ability from invisibility ... This applies to every ability in the game.   ( hence no more cloaked  carne echo slam or any other hero abuse)

-replaced farseer area of effect with a slightly perhaps better one.. but i dont want it to strong cause farseer is a strong hero late game

-nerfed nitro passive damage a little

-fixed some revive animation issues

-added animation to ankh of reincarnation

Will look at reduce some of the damage alarak does tonight in his fire punch.

<3

AS the best alarak player he really needed it.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2020, 10:38:51 PM »
okay i finished alot of what i wanted to do...

if you guys want a certain hero buffed or nerfed, mention here..      It doesnt mean i will do what u want but i always hear it out.

Can someone send me or post 2 or 3 "recent replays" of some competitive games so i can see where the meta is at and just look at the balance in general.

( p.s no 5x speed pointless youtube videos .. ) want real replays in real time.

Offline Strangelove

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2020, 01:13:15 AM »
okay i finished alot of what i wanted to do...

if you guys want a certain hero buffed or nerfed, mention here..      It doesnt mean i will do what u want but i always hear it out.

Can someone send me or post 2 or 3 "recent replays" of some competitive games so i can see where the meta is at and just look at the balance in general.

( p.s no 5x speed pointless youtube videos .. ) want real replays in real time.

I can comment on meta a bit.

Most unit tiers are fairly even. I see people going zerg terran and protoss equal amounts.

Games start to Starcraft out more often because of void seeker nerf. Once people are on to tier 4 units, less fights happen and games can Starcraft out a really long time.

There is still a bug with the voidseeker debuff where it still will not go away on units. Also, sometimes when I use voidseeker and it gets hurt, all my units inside of it get hurt as well. No idea what is causing that.

Most changes I would recommend would be around heroes.

In addition to what you already did, I would remove the barrier / wall from Cairne's Z ability (the one with the long line of damage). My reason is that it already stuns and does damage, IMO walling off a decent chunk of the map gives that team too much map control.

People have already mentioned Alarak's ultimate is too strong. Reduce area of effect of it should help.

Blade's mirror images have a really high base armor. I would make them a bit easier to kill.

Sentry and Karass (IMO) have very weak base HP / armor stats. Maybe increase it a bit.

Flav is still really weak (since you can dispel his fungal growth with a ghost). Maybe rework his C ability (single unit dmg ability) into something more useful.

Offline 1b2a

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2020, 11:28:24 PM »
How  do I post a replay?

Offline 1b2a

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2020, 12:28:20 AM »
Nitro nerf is not enough. x has to be replaced. Think about it. It's literally a free blink dagger which costs 4200. How is that a good idea?I have an idea. Split the current passive abiliity. One gives damage, the other gives the enhanced area of effect. TO get the op damage you need to invest in all 666 which means no stats. Also no tele. Tat would fix him.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2020, 05:47:12 PM »

Most unit tiers are fairly even. I see people going zerg terran and protoss equal amounts.             {{Okay great}}

Games start to Starcraft out more often because of void seeker nerf. Once people are on to tier 4 units, less fights happen and games can Starcraft out a really long time.      [[stalemates always gonna happen. for years ive been thinking what  i can do about speeding up the pace of the game a bit during that phase.. ill ponder some more]]

There is still a bug with the voidseeker debuff where it still will not go away on units.  [[ that got fixed 2 patches ago,, it should be correctly 30 seconds now]]

Also, sometimes when I use voidseeker and it gets hurt, all my units inside of it get hurt as well.  [okay if you have a replay of it , ill find out why thats happening and fix ]]

In addition to what you already did, I would remove the barrier / wall from Cairne's Z ability (the one with the long line of damage). My reason is that it already stuns and does damage, IMO walling off a decent chunk of the map gives that team too much map control.   [[Ive been studying if to put more echo slam delay in his ulti since thats where the real issue is at if hes too strong.. for that fissure i want it to remain the same.. its intented to be a different ability and work that way.

People have already mentioned Alarak's ultimate is too strong. Reduce area of effect of it should help.     [[last patch i nerfed alarak void punch damage, lets see how that turns out first b4 doing anything to his ulti]]

Blade's mirror images have a really high base armor. I would make them a bit easier to kill.    [Blade images are meant to copy all items properly except for direct damaging increasing such as claws where its nerfed by like 70% i believe. ]]

Sentry and Karass (IMO) have very weak base HP / armor stats. Maybe increase it a bit. 

Flav is still really weak (since you can dispel his fungal growth with a ghost). Maybe rework his C ability (single unit dmg ability) into something more useful.    [[will look into it ]]

« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 05:47:44 PM by Incinerate »

Offline Strangelove

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2020, 05:55:50 PM »
Hmm not sure if void seeker was correctly fixed. Ill see if I can find a replay with what I’m talking about.

Positive news on alarak is that he seems to not be as strong as he once was.

To clarify my point on blades mirror images, is that they are very hard to kill (unless you have very high attack upgrades). Since they give no bounty and can hit really high due to random chance to proc added damage, I don’t see why they should be so tanky.

I think as long as you can’t use Cairne’s ultimate invisible that is good enough to fix his ult. As for his line of damage, I understand why you want it in there. It is just really strong is all. Maybe reduce length of the wall it creates.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2020, 10:48:03 PM »
small idea for mid-game

okay it seems mid-game and beyond is when the stalemates start happening.. What do you guys think if i did this..

At the ( real time) 30 minute mark. I will force an auto go on armies whether big or small that will take everything out of the base and be uncontrollable for 15 seconds.

Then at the 45 minute mark another one will happen... Where an auto go will take place and there isnt anything you can do about it for 15-20 seconds.

The game will give a warning for when its about to happen, so you have time to prepare in both instances..

Offline Strangelove

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2020, 11:20:42 PM »
hmmm I like the concept but in a lot of games it would give specific teams a win (ie who has biggest advantage in a team fight).

Maybe at the hour mark? For really long games?

Offline Kaiser

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 08:42:46 AM »
an auto go is an interesting idea but honestly I don't think it would work out very well, what happens if there is a tassadar that is pretty fed that just eats all the units, or what happens if there is a fight goin on already, not to mention you would have to cancel item usage because people would just ultimate scepter wave everything.

Offline 1b2a

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2020, 11:07:49 AM »
You should add a death field for the noob teams in their base so people that just farm off of noobs like strangeloves cant do it.

Offline Tragichero

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2020, 01:08:00 PM »
an auto go is an interesting idea but honestly I don't think it would work out very well, what happens if there is a tassadar that is pretty fed that just eats all the units, or what happens if there is a fight goin on already, not to mention you would have to cancel item usage because people would just ultimate scepter wave everything.

Not to mention in a map that allows and encourages "snow balling" ....an auto go would just feed the top team more. It takes the strat of a weaker team making a comeback by flanking or back dooring to claw their way back to the top.

At 30 minuts heros that start slow but finish strong would be punished because they would not have time to catch up. Look at Nitro\tychu\queen ect vs someone who got Paladin\cattle\chuck ect.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2020, 03:59:31 PM »
I personally don't think there is anything I can do about the stalemates that doesn't seriously hamper with the game to much .

Footmen frenzy was the map I based this map on but with alot of my own ideas in order solve it .  Footmen frenzy on war 3 had the same stalemate issue where it's hard to attack becuz If u do attack u might get flanked and that promotes turtling .

So stuff I brought in to combat that was the mothership core so u can teleport away ur army in order to be more offensive and invisible scrolls so ur army can attack undetected... Removal of blur to make it more offensive .     

Other stuff I did to was introduce the void seeker which is amass transport unit of which war3 footies didn't have as well . I believe a combination of those 3 should be good enough .. but it takes heavy investment .. I am looking for something small scale too .. like perhaps upgrade to the mother ship core?   Maybe +1000 more life and 6% faster spawns for 800 gold ... With more life it be more offensive and create more army ..   but it depends if ppl would actually turtle less .  Maybe

Offline 1b2a

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2020, 04:35:40 PM »
I personally don't think there is anything I can do about the stalemates that doesn't seriously hamper with the game to much .

Footmen frenzy was the map I based this map on but with alot of my own ideas in order solve it .  Footmen frenzy on war 3 had the same stalemate issue where it's hard to attack becuz If u do attack u might get flanked and that promotes turtling .

So stuff I brought in to combat that was the mothership core so u can teleport away ur army in order to be more offensive and invisible scrolls so ur army can attack undetected... Removal of blur to make it more offensive .     

Other stuff I did to was introduce the void seeker which is amass transport unit of which war3 footies didn't have as well . I believe a combination of those 3 should be good enough .. but it takes heavy investment .. I am looking for something small scale too .. like perhaps upgrade to the mother ship core?   Maybe +1000 more life and 6% faster spawns for 800 gold ... With more life it be more offensive and create more army ..   but it depends if ppl would actually turtle less .  Maybe

Nobody is sniping motherships as it is. It doesn't need an hp buff. But a unit buff would be interesting.

Offline Kaiser

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2020, 04:52:44 PM »
you must not play very much with me when I have stalkers :P I always kill the mothership core first if I can

Offline 1b2a

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2020, 09:34:06 PM »
you must not play very much with me when I have stalkers :P I always kill the mothership core first if I can

I literally never see it sniped because I ping and ping and nobody does anything, but I don't go stalkers so that is why,

Offline Kaiser

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2020, 09:51:43 PM »
not to keep beating a dead horse but you would also have to cancel mothership core from recalling area effects such as sheep guardian darkmus rex ults would have to be canceled because again that would be a straight feed fest, that and it doesn't really solve the problem of stale mates because sometimes all you have over another team is how many units you have and if you lose a bunch of them then it might be a gg moment

Offline 1b2a

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Today at 08:31:54 AM »
Mothership  tele needs to be cancel-able. At least the infestor's ult does not cancel the mothersip  once targetted.

Offline Incinerate

• Mapmaker
  • Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Today at 12:09:56 PM »

Most unit tiers are fairly even. I see people going zerg terran and protoss equal amounts.

Games start to Starcraft out more often because of void seeker nerf. Once people are on to tier 4 units, less fights happen and games can Starcraft out a really long time.

There is still a bug with the voidseeker debuff where it still will not go away on units. Also, sometimes when I use voidseeker and it gets hurt, all my units inside of it get hurt as well. No idea what is causing that.

In addition to what you already did, I would remove the barrier / wall from Cairne's Z ability (the one with the long line of damage). My reason is that it already stuns and does damage, IMO walling off a decent chunk of the map gives that team too much map control.

People have already mentioned Alarak's ultimate is too strong. Reduce area of effect of it should help.

Blade's mirror images have a really high base armor. I would make them a bit easier to kill.

Flav is still really weak (since you can dispel his fungal growth with a ghost). Maybe rework his C ability (single unit dmg ability) into something more useful.

The last 2 I will look at and possibly give artanis a small nerf since he's so complained about.

Thinking along the lines of + 2 seconds more to get away from artanis ulti and slight nerf to his damage aura

Offline Strangelove

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Today at 02:23:17 PM »
That sounds good to me. Thanks.