Author Topic: Tournament  (Read 10522 times)

Offline Barnacle

• Archon
    • View Profile
Tournament
« on: September 25, 2012, 03:04:01 PM »
I was thinking this weekend (friday or saturday) we could hold a tournament. This would be fairly easy since the zealot frenzy community is so small, it wouldnt take that much effort to organize.

The number of participants would obviously have to be in multiples of 3. I was thinking somewhere in the range of 24 to 36 people? maybe im aiming too high.

I'm not sure how a zealot frenzy tournament would operate. Since there is one winner while three loser places in each match, i was thinking maybe a round robin would work best while being equally fair.

Anyway, talk with your friends and post on this thread. its still pretty early in the week. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 03:04:33 PM by Barnacle »

Offline ColdOpen

• Carrier
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 05:28:05 PM »
I would be down for a tournament.

Use my email anonjon8@live.com and lets start putting a google cal for this together
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 06:27:11 PM by ColdOpen »

Offline Barnacle

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 09:16:25 PM »
Everyone who wants to join this fucking tournament, respond with your fucking email. please.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YIEJ4PIZKE

Offline bigbad

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 08:03:26 PM »

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
  • "Fuck with the best die like the rest"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 10:06:39 PM »

Offline ialwayswin

• Hybrid Destroyer
  • Diamond League
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 11:08:44 PM »
ialwayswinoo@gmail.com
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 11:09:13 PM by ialwayswin »

Offline Ricardooo

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 11:28:18 AM »

Offline TeamShortBus

• Grandmaster League
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 11:52:55 PM »
So When is the next Tournament?

Offline Barnacle

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 05:44:00 PM »
this weekend would work for me, but so far only 7 people have submitted. obviously we need more than this. it is very difficult for one person to do this so if you guys could help spread the word and direct to here that would be great. I can manage the emailing and dates and shit like that.

Offline TeamShortBus

• Grandmaster League
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 08:50:36 PM »
What we need is a posted set time every week on the site under its own category and a chat room in SC2 so everyone can join pre tournament and set the game up.

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 10:17:10 PM »
^This guy has it right. Sometimes people will not make it but the consistency of a time would make it easier.

Offline Flaunty

• Master League
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 06:17:28 PM »

Offline jrozzi

• Silver League
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 11:55:05 AM »
I'm down for a tournament. Just let me know when. I usually play ZF between 4:30 - 7PM EST. Let's team up.

jrozzi <at> gmail.com

Offline Forrest

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 03:07:43 PM »

Offline aODI

• Stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 10:10:57 PM »
Hi guys, i would like to help organizing the tournament, my english is not that great, but i can help with ideas and we should send an e-mail to the creator to post it on the game, that is the best to spread the word, also i think we should make it as a league, 3 groups of any number of teams, the players who are active should start with this like forrest, barnacle, ieatnoobies, goats, absolute, scazz, young, teamshort just to mention some of them, they should build their teams and start little by little, also accept players with out team and put them in a list and make the teams, also asking for commitment i am sure there are some players who would like to play even if they dont have a team.

My idea is put our own time, like friday starting at 5:00pm - 8:00pm, saturday and sunday starting 12:00pm - 4:00pm, as a league schedule its just an example, its very hard 12 players can make it at the same time, so we can reduce the groups by 3, so there are 9 players, its easier and with 3 matches, so every team its in the middle or something like that, the idea to put schedule its cause the players can commit easier based on the time of the schedule, i used to play tournaments and its hard to program a game by agreed, also everyone has similar time in LA and NA, so should be easier.

lets say that are 3 groups of 3 teams each and every team has 4 or 5 players always hoping that at least 3 of them can play at the same time. so we try to manage points, lets say 1 per team that shows up, then 2 points per win, then we go for finals with the first team in each group.

Should be 3 main players and pick two more non-named players i dont want to underestimate anyone, but the tournament it has to be fun and it wont be if just one of the players cant show up, also if you pick more than 3 experienced players they will split good players to build good teams and probably everyone will want to play, but in the other side that team can have more oportunities to win with 4/5 experienced players, i dont know if i am clear here, of course the tournament it will be open and free, so its just an idea and i just want to help, cause i love ZF.

Offline Limitless

• Silver League
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 12:12:26 AM »
TruongSaimas4@gmail.com email me information i am interested in this Tournament!

Offline Barnacle

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 04:12:08 AM »
aODI,

thanks for responding. i think the point system you mentioned would work. it sounds almost like a red-robin style of tournament. also i think we could do better than 9 players. i was thinking atleast 24. This way we could have 1 unbiased captain leading each group and keeping track of scores/points - two groups of 12 with 6 teams of 4. if we were to have 3v3v3 the middle groups would be at a disadvantage and it would be painstaking to keep cycling out the samwitched team.

for the most part, i think that atleast one of those two times would fit for a majority of players. sunday might work best since friday night normal people usually socialize. Also, saturday maybe 2 pm central time might work. 

im not sure if the email platform is most affective. with this many players, i think letting people know on starcraft throughout this week (and on this forum), and when the time of the tournament comes partying up and commencing in two separate custom games, will work the best. it is already tuesday so we don't have much time to prepare. i will do my best to gather as many players that are serious about participating. Anyone else interested that is reading this, if you could inform your friends on the times aODI mentioned that would be fantastic.

anyway, lets make this happen. everyone i asked who would be down to play has said yes. so i guess its just a matter of spreading the word and choosing the time. and with starcraft players, im sure as long as none of their family members dies this weekend they will have plenty of free time.

so please, reply with thoughts/adjustments and ask around to see what times will be suitable and we will settle.

Thanks,
Barney 

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 04:17:32 AM by Barnacle »

Offline aODI

• Stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 12:33:45 AM »
Hey, lets organize this fine, if you let me haha. . . lets set a 2 weeks to sign in the league, end lets start the tournament by November 9 lets say, but close the time to sign, so we have few days to organize the teams and let everyone know how is is gonna be, so they can start arrange their time, first we have to set the rules and how the tournament is gonna be, i can translate all this in spanish, so people from LA can read easier. Some more ideas from the moderator and the creator of the game are welcome. :P should we start a topic and close this one??

Offline aODI

• Stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 12:37:01 AM »
also i think the people should sign something like that.

Nick + aaa@hotmail.com

of all the 3 up to 5 members of the team, even with a teams name. So before we start receiving the people we should first set the rules and the way is gonna be the league.

Offline iEatNoobies

• Master League
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 02:30:33 PM »

Offline aODI

• Stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 08:47:44 PM »
Ok guys, i made this, we need 15 teams at least, every team will be up to 5 players, no more. 3 groups of 5 Teams each, so this is how is gonna be.

Group 1

Team 1
Team 2
Team 3
Team 4
Team 5

Every Team will have 6 matches, in total, i tried to order them this way, in 10 matches every group, 3 matches every week and 1 the last week week.

Every match is in order to be twice in the middle.

Week One
1v2v3
3v5v4
2v4v5

Week Two
1v2v4
4v3v1
2v5v3

Week Three
3v1v5
1v4v5
2v3v4

Last week
2v1v5

Every team has 2 matches per week exception one team, is the same way everyweek.
If you guys are interested pls start making their teams and like i said we can program the best times to play, they have to fit in the schedule. Its only 2 matches maximum everyweek, so it shouldt be hard.

Offline fire

• Master League
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 01:37:32 PM »
3v3v3 would need a 3v3v3 map

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 01:40:52 AM »
Are you really trying to do a 3v3v3 tourny? Glad I can't make it...

Offline Barnacle

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 10:17:53 AM »
yea...idk if you read what i said before but 3v3v3 does not work. im not trying to be an asshole but we need more teams if this will work. I can start asking around. obviously people wont wanto be on a random team so we need to start compiling a list of teams

Offline aODI

• Stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 06:10:47 PM »
well, i was just trying to make something nice, so we should start a new topic and put our teams, so you guys can decide when to play, i will tr to register my team soon.

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 03:35:32 PM »
well, i was just trying to make something nice, so we should start a new topic and put our teams, so you guys can decide when to play, i will tr to register my team soon.

AODI,

Sorry, I was not meaning to be a dick my apologies. I think the effort you are putting into organizing a tournament is a great idea, it does need to be suited for the rules of the map. It screws up tactics and the game when you have 4 corners but only 3 teams.

In order to consolidate your efforts, I would recommend you simply have team sign ups. Let those people make the teams and they will have a figurehead that organizes their team. I would do 1 or 2 times for the tournament ( I would lean towards 1); the game won't have that many teams and it simply needs to not take up a lot of time.

My personal take is that I don't want a lot of time invested in something like this. I came from playing WoW and raiding 5-6 days a week 4-6 hours a night. It was like a damn second job. I enjoy playing ZF because the games are generally short and I can peace out whenever if necessary.

Offline Barnacle

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2012, 04:03:28 PM »
There arent enough people on this forum that check routinely to make teams efficiently. I'm urging everyone to ask their friends, organize their teams and then post here.

Obviously we want a tournament to give this game purpose and meaning, and to see who the best players are. However, if Incinerate added a stats board to ZF, maybe a simple win/loss ratio, than for me personally a tournament wouldn't seem as necessary

Offline TeamShortBus

• Grandmaster League
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 01:50:59 AM »
I would like a stats board would encourage people to play more inorder to improve their win/loss ratio or other potential stats that could be recorded like unit kills, base kills ect...

Offline dsmwookie

• Artanis
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 10:05:03 PM »
A stat board would be a huge improvement for ZF. Right now it the lack of recording keeps ppl from caring about quitting and little drive to win. I think creating a banlist for those who are repeat offenders for example: Fatemasher, this guy has no business being in the damn game period.